- Use of cationic polymers to reduce pathogen levels during dairy manure separation October 8, 2017
- Particulate Matter: What Is It and Why Does It Matter to Agriculture? August 9, 2017
- Composting Large Animal Carcasses July 20, 2017
- Manure to Energy: Understanding Processes, Principles and Jargon July 17, 2017
- Calibration of Poultry Litter Applicators April 25, 2017
Category Archives: Poultry
Poultry litter has been used for many years in Texas as an alternative to commercial fertilizer. The poultry litter not only has the N (nitrogen), P (phosphorus), K (potassium) benefits, but it adds organic matter and all other essential nutrients to the soil. Proper precautions must be taken in order to prevent contamination of groundwater and runoff, while regulating soil P and N levels.